Assessments and Screenings
- Licensing regulations require that enrollees who are four years of age or older by September 1 of each year be screened for vision and hearing at some time during each school year. Parents must provide Greenwood with documentation of the screenings. Although we encourage parents to have a speech screening done, documentation is not required.
- Teachers may recommend other types of screenings and assessments. The recommended screening or assessment subsequent therapy or treatment may be made a condition for your child’s continued enrollment at The Greenwood School.
Classroom Activities and Special Events
- Parents are responsible for cleaning out their child’s basket and drawstring bag every day. Check for old food, water bottles, soiled clothes, etc. Make sure that your child has several clean changes of clothes in their drawstring bag.
- All students are responsible for keeping up with their own belongings. We are not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen articles such as clothes, gloves, shoes, books, papers and toys. Label everything! A lost and found basket is provided in a designated area.
- Do not allow your child to bring toys or games from home. On special occasions, arrangements may be made with a teacher to make an exception to this rule. Communication and planning is the key. Media characters, electronic toys and toy weapons are never permitted.
- All students are required to participate in all classes, activities and special events. If a child is not well enough to participate or refuses to participate in ordinary school activities, the parents will be called to come and pick up the child as soon as possible.
- Occasionally, pictures may be taken of students participating in class activities. If you do not want your child to be photographed or to have his or her photograph published, please make this request in writing. We reserve the right to use these photographs for our flyers, brochures, web sites and advertisements without compensation.
- Parents are discouraged from photographing or videotaping during Greenwood performances and activities. If the photo opportunity is important to you, please speak to the school director in advance about scheduling a photo shoot after the performance. Photos taken by school personnel will be shared via the Internet.